MONTE VISTA ATHLETIC BOOSTERS SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2022
Monte Vista High School
Attn: Athletic Boosters
3131 Stone Valley Rd
Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 552-5530
Fax (925) 743-1744
MONTE VISTA ATHLETIC BOOSTERS SCHOLARSHIP-AWARD
PURPOSE: To recognize and reward Monte Vista student athletes who demonstrate excellence through athletic participation, academic achievement, and service to Monte Vista High School.
SCHOLARSHIP-AWARDS: Up to six (6) $1,000 scholarship-awards will be awarded equally to female and male student athletes. The number of scholarships will be determined annually by the Executive Board of MVAB.
Deadline for submission of applications – April 19, 2022. All documents must be submitted by email to [email protected] (application, letters of recommendation (teacher & coach), transcript & essay, by close of business (3:30 pm).
To be eligible for consideration, a nominee must:
- Currently be enrolled as a senior student in good standing and a candidate for graduation from Monte Vista High School.
- Participated in a Monte Vista Athletic Department sponsored sport for 2 out of the 4 years.
- Demonstrated commitment to his/her sport through exemplary participation, leadership or other involvement with the sport or team.
- Currently earning a cumulative GPA (grades 9-12) of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrated a commitment to Monte Vista High School through school leadership, service or other extracurricular participation.
- Enroll in and begin study at a two- or four-year college or trade school within one year of graduating from high school; or be under contract to join the US Military.
- The $1,000 scholarship is to be used toward tuition, fees and/or books at the college of the student’s choice.
- The $1,000 scholarship is to be used for the 2022-2023 school year and is non-transferable.
- The scholarship funds will be distributed to the selected student’s college after MVAB receives proof of acceptance from the college that the student will be attending.
- In the case where a US Military candidate is the recipient of the award, those funds will be issued to the individual as a grant. The award will not be granted unless the individual successfully completes basic training within one year of the award date and submits a letter from their command stating their valid military status.
The Evaluation Committee will be determined by the Executive Board and shall consist of no less than 5 individuals, one of whom must be the Monte Vista Athletic Director (or designee). The Evaluation Committee will review all applications and choose the recipients. Scholarship recipients will be notified at the end of May.
Each application must be accompanied by:
EMAIL THE FOLLOWING DIRECTLY TO: Krista Ford at [email protected]
(SUBJECT HEADER: “MVAB SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION – “STUDENT’S NAME”)
APPLICATION: The formal student Scholarship-Award Application Form (attached). (Note that additional involvement within MVHS and/or the outside community will be an important consideration.)
STUDENT ESSAY: Topic (Choose one) approx. 300-600 words
a. In what ways has your involvement, specifically with Monte Vista athletics shaped you as a person and/or prepared you for the next phase of your life?
b. During your years participating in Monte Vista athletics, highlight a challenge you’ve had to overcome. What was it about the challenge that made it particularly difficult and how did overcoming that challenge help you develop / what perspective did it give you?
c. How have you made an impact on Monte Vista athletics, and what did you learn in the process?
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: Two (2) letters of recommendation: One from a Monte Vista coach and one from a teacher or school administrator.
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT: Copy of High School Transcript
DEADLINE: CLOSE OF BUSINESS (3:30 PM), APRIL 19, 2022.